2011 Scag Power Equipment 61" Turf Tiger
$11,000.00 - Stock Number: B5800088
THIS IS A DUAL FUEL UIIT WITH LOW HOURS The Scag Turf Tiger™
There is no competition.
Since its introduction in 1998, the Turf Tiger™ has been in a class by itself. There is no competition. Period.
The Scag Turf Tiger can cover major ground with its productive 12 mph ground speed (29hp and larger models) and large 10 gallon fuel tank. The simple, trouble-free shaft drive cutter deck means minimum maintenance requirements and a wide range of cutting heights. The double tube steel main frame gives the mower incredible strength and durability.
From the heavy-duty, Tri-Plate Velocity Plus™ cutter decks, to the various high-power, fuel efficient engine options, there's a Tiger that will increase your productivity and send your competition running for cover!
|Wheel Motors||(Hydraulic) Dual 15ci motors; 18ci motors on 28CAT, 31EFI, & 35BV models|
|Drive Pulley||Split-steel design -- stronger and lighter weight than cast-iron|
25hp Kubota diesel, 3-cylinder, liquid-cooled
28hp CAT diesel, 3-cylinder, liquid-cooled
27hp Kohler, air-cooled, twin cylinder, horizontal shaft
27hp Kawasaki, liquid-cooled, V-Twin, horizontal shaft
29hp Kawasaki, liquid-cooled, V-Twin, horizontal shaft, Digital Fuel Injection
31hp Kohler Aegis, liquid-cooled, V-Twin, horizontal shaft, Electronic Fuel Injection
35hp Briggs Vanguard Big Block, air-cooled, V-Twin
|Fuel Capacity||10 gallons (11 gal. on diesels); (Design) single fuel tank mounted low in the center of the mower to lower the center-of-gravity and improve hillside stability and traction|
|Bearings||(Caster Wheel) Tapered roller bearings|
|Caster Tires||13 x 6.5 - 6, 4 ply; Flat-Free, semi-pneumatic|
|Drive Tires||24 x 12 - 12, 4 ply|
|Mainframe||Double tube, steel frame, full-length, fully-welded|
|Cutting Deck||61” Velocity Plus decks. Floating, adjustable, anti-scalping design.|
|Deck Height Adjustment||Foot pedal lift (3-position adjustable) with self-locking mechanism at transport position|
(w/ROPS Folded) 56.5"
|Weight||(w/ROPS) 1350-1700 lbs.|
(w/Discharge Chute in Mowing Position) 73.5"
(w/Discharge Chute in Transport Position) 62"
|Anti-Scalp Wheels||9 wheels in 7 positions|
|Arm||(Front Caster Design) Bolt-on for easy replacement if necessary|
|Belt||Kevlar cord. Self-adjusting, spring-loaded, self-tightening|
|Control||(Travel) Twin “Quick-Fit” steering controls with gas dampers for smooth, precise maneuverability. Adjustable to fit various operator sizes.|
|Cutting||(Range) 1” to 6” in 1/4” increments|
|Deck Construction||Tri-Plate, welded: with 10 gauge top, 7 gauge skirts, 7 gauge & 11 gauge reinforcement plates.|
|Deck Drive||Drive shaft driven -- eliminates belt slip for increased reliability & longevity|
|Deck Spindles||Scag Heavy-Duty Spindles w/cast-iron housing & tapered roller bearings, backed by 3-year limited warranty|
|Electrical System Capacity||12 Volt battery, 300 cca. Alternator,15-40 amp charging. Solenoid shift starter.|
12mph forward, 5 mph reverse (29hp+ gas and Kubota diesel models)
11mph forward, 5 mph reverse (CAT diesel model)
10mph forward, 5mph reverse (27hp models)
|Hydraulic Filter||(Oil) 10 micron|
|Hydraulic Pumps||Dual Pumps; 16cc displacement, Hydro-Gear|
|Instruments||Ammeter, key switch, throttle, manual choke, BBC switch, water temp gauge (on liquid-cooled models)|
|Number of Blades||(Cutter) 3 Marbain|
2 Yr. Mower Warranty—Parts & labor.
3 Yr. / 500 Hour Non-Commercial Mower Warranty—Parts & labor.
3 Yr. Deck Warranty—First & second years parts & labor; third year parts.
3 Yr. Spindle Warranty—First & second years parts & labor; third year parts.
2 Yr. Engine Warranty—Minimum two-year warranty covered directly through the individual engine manufacturer. (Kohler Aegis covered by 3-year warranty)
|Hydraulic Coolers||(Oil) 4 qt system capacity with auxiliary oil cooler|
|Power Take-Off (PTO)|
|Clutch PTO||(Electric) Ogura GT3.5 - 250 ft lb / adjustable air-gap; Ogura GT5 - 350 ft lb (on 35hp BV) / adjustable air-gap|
- "Split-Steel" pulleys are used on load carrying areas like the cutter deck spindles and pump drive systems. Split steel pulleys are stronger than cast iron or stamped pulley designs. Our pulleys are strong for long life and lightweight for reduced inertia and decreased wear on the cutter deck drive system.
- 10 gallon fuel tank (11 gal. on CAT diesel)
- 16cc Heavy-duty hydraulic drive pumps
- 61" Velocity Plus cutter deck
- Aluminized exhaust system
- Auxiliary hydraulic oil coolers keep oil temperatures within a safe operating level and adds to hydraulic system component life
- Choose a 52", 61" or 72" Velocity Plus™ cutter deck. Match that with a 27hp Kohler Command or 31hp Kohler Aegis EFI engine; 27hp or 29hp DFI liquid-cooled Kawasaki engine; 35hp Briggs Vanguard air-cooled V-twin engine; 25hp Kubota diesel engine; or CAT 28hp diesel engine.
- Command Comfort Operating Station
- Command-Comfort Operator's Station provides unmatched fatigue-fighting comfort (diesel, and 29hp & larger gas models). Quick-Fit control levers, torsion spring suspension seat, and 3-position deck lift foot pedal combine to provide unprecedented levels of adjustability and ergonomics.
- Convenient cup holder keeps beverage securely in place and within easy reach.
- Custom-Cut Baffle allows you to customize the cutter deck to your individual cutting conditions.
- Deck leveling adjustment bracket allows for easy in-the-field deck leveling adjustment.
- Digital SmartSense hour meter displays maintenance reminders to help ensure that routine service is completed.
- Double tube steel main frame construction delivers superior strength and ensures years of trouble free service. This design is much stronger than "bolt together" frame designs. The main frame was designed for an ultra-low center-of-gravity to increase hillside stability.
- Double-tube steel main frame
- Driveshaft driven cutter deck eliminates belt slip and provides increased reliability and longevity compared to a belt drive system.
- Easily adjust cutting heights from the seat with the convenient, easy to lift, 3-position adjustable foot pedal. Wide range of adjustment from 1" to 6" in 1/4" increments (21 different cutting height settings).
- Engine options ranging from 27hp to 35hp
- Engine radiator is mounted in front of the engine, as the engine manufacturer intended. Having the radiator positioned behind the seat offers extra protection against impacts and foreign material. Hydraulic oil cooler is also mounted in front of the radiator for maximum airflow and heat dissipation.
- Excellent hillside stability due to an exceptionally low center-of-gravity and extra wide stance.
- Extra large 24 inch drive tires and up to 13 x 6 - 6 caster wheels ensure better traction, less turf tearing and easy curb climbing.
- Flat-Free front caster tires virtually eliminate downtime and expense caused by flat front tires.
- Foldable Rollover Protection System (ROPS) is standard equipment and easily fits into enclosed trailers. ROPS provides additional operator safety. Retractable seatbelts for added convenience.
- Foot pedal cutter deck lift system
- Heavy-duty blade drive spindles
- Heavy-duty blade drive spindles provide reliable performance season after season. The Scag spindle easily handles the high horsepower and torque requirements of this powerful mower. Three year limited warranty.
- Heavy-duty hydraulic drive system includes dual 16cc Hydro-Gear pumps, and Hydro-Gear (27hp models) or Ross wheel motors (diesel, and 29hp and larger gas models) for reliable, Zero Turn maneuverability. Hydro-Gear 16cc hydraulic pumps provide smooth, positive and reliable power to the drive wheels. Extra large input bearing, input shaft and internal components add to reliability and performance. Built-in pressure relief valves reduce internal pressure spikes and add to pump life. Diesel and 29hp & larger gas models feature a cooling fan mounted directly to the pumps providing additional cooling for added pump life.
- High quality electrical components such as switches, wiring and harness looms are used throughout the Scag mower line for trouble-free service.
- High-quality bearings and bearing debris guard on idler pulleys ensure long, reliable service.
- Marbain cutter blades stay sharp longer for reduced maintenance.
- No plastic pulleys - Some [other brands] actually use plastic pulleys on their mowers. Not Scag. All Scag pulleys are made from metal. Plastic is for toys.
- Operator friendly instrument panel
- Operator friendly instrument panel includes an ammeter, ignition switch, mower engagement switch, water temperature gauge (liquid-cooled engines only), separate choke and throttle controls. The hour meter is conveniently located at the rear of mower near the engine
- Quick-Fit steering control levers with dual gas-charged dampers for smooth, precise responsiveness. Steering levers are adjustable (without tools) to fit a wide range of operator sizes, increasing operator comfort.
- Single fuel tank, 10 gallon capacity (11 gal. on CAT diesel) keeps you in the field cutting grass.Fuel tank is positioned low, in the center of the machine, enhancing the mower's low center-of-gravity and giving it excellent hillside stability. Fill up in the morning and cut all day long.
- Spring loaded idler arms effortlessly keep belts in constant adjustment for maximum life and minimum maintenance.
- Standard equipment auxiliary canister air filter system on all Turf Tigers. This provides increased service intervals and longer engine life. Kohler engines feature removable access panels for easy cleaning of the cooling fins.
- Suspension seat with cushioned armrests is adjustable to individual operator weights for increased support and reduced operator fatigue (standard on diesel, and 29hp+ gas models). High-back Soft-Ride seat standard on 27hp models; Suspension seat optional.
- Tapered roller bearings are utilized in the front caster wheels and in the caster pivots for durability and reduced maintenance.
- The 29hp Kawasaki DFI (digital fuel injection) , and the 31hp Kohler Aegis EFI (electronic fuel injection) are both incredibly powerful and efficient powerhouses. These engines will start easier and are more fuel efficient than carbureted models, reducing overall operating cost. They are also liquid-cooled for long life when compared to the other air-cooled fuel-injected engines on the market today.
- The CAT 28hp 3-cylinder, liquid-cooled diesel engine is a perfect compliment to the Turf Tiger. This dependable unit delivers amazing power from an ultra-compact package size. Cutting-edge technology also ensures that the CAT diesel is clean and quiet running. Scag's proven rubber iso-mounting system minimizes vibration from the engine for maximum operator comfort.
- The Ogura GT3.5 PTO Clutch Brake delivers 250 ft. lbs. of starting and stopping torque. A GT5 model with 350 ft. lbs. of torque is used with the 35hp Briggs Vanguard engines. Adjustable airgap ensures long component life.
- The Scag "Simply the Best" commercial warranty stands behind you and your mower for years of profitable service.
- There are many, time saving, money making accessories for the Turf Tiger like the Tiger Striper lawn striping kit, spindle driven grass catchers, halogen light kits and more.
- Up to 12 MPH (diesel, and 29hp & larger gas models) or 10.5 MPH (27hp models) forward speeds and 5 MPH reverse speeds keep productivity at a maximum.
- Up to 12 MPH ground speed for more productivity
- Up to 350 ft. lb. PTO Clutch Brake
- User-friendly mower design allows quick, clean access to the engine and filters, for easy maintenance. Rear access panel exposes self adjusting PTO, and hydraulic pump drive belts.